An Eight bedroom apartments building has gone up in flames on Friday night up till the early hours of Saturday after an electrical appliance exploded shortly after power supply was restored to the building located at 3 Oke street, Akowonjo , Alimosho Lagos area.
As of the time of filing this report, one casualty was recorded and he has been taken to the hospital for treatment but property worth millions of naira have been lost to the inferno.
According to an occupant of the building “Mrs. Ekwem Onyebuchi Dorothy ” Haaa, this is a sad day for all of us in this building, most of us went to church and some were not around when the fire started. It was learnt that the incident happened as a result of electrical appliance spark when the power was restored according to an eye witness. We have lost so many things, God have mercy.” she said tearfully.”
“But sincerely, I must appreciate Mr. Yusuf for this gesture and the donation given to us, this is a great succor. I pray unto almighty God to keep blessing him and his household, he is a good man, this is uncommon.”
On his part, Yusuf Olaseni Oladipipo said ” It was a coincidence to have witnessed the sad Incident, I was around to see my In-law on Friday night but this was what I met, then, I had to lend my helping hands to help put off the fire, we did all we could but unfortunately the fire had consumed the house already and peoples belongings have been destroyed. Sad.”
“In my little capacity as an individual, I will give each of the occupant hundred thousand naira as support, and same with the victim in the hospital.”
Yusuf Olaseni Oladipipo is a business man and a philanthropist.