A United States District Judge, Beryl Howell, has granted US Attorney Jeanine Pirro an additional four days to release records linked to longstanding allegations involving President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
A US-based lobbying firm, Von Batten-Montague-York L.C., disclosed the development in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

The firm said Pirro, who was appointed by US President Donald Trump, had sought a 10-day extension to comply with the disclosure process.
However, Judge Howell granted only four additional days, moving the deadline to August 21.

According to the lobbying firm, the judge took into consideration the length of time the case had remained unresolved, noting that the matter had been pending for more than three years.
“U.S. Attorney Pirro requested an additional 10 days, but Judge Beryl Howell granted only four additional days, until August 21, noting that this case has already been pending for more than three years,” the firm stated.
The records being sought are reportedly connected to allegations involving Tinubu and past drug-trafficking investigations in the United States.
Reacting to the ruling, Von Batten-Montague-York welcomed what it described as renewed efforts by the US Department of Justice to make the documents available.
The firm said it appreciated Pirro and the Department of Justice for what it described as renewed efforts to release the records, adding that the case had remained unresolved for too long.
It also argued that Nigeria’s diplomatic relationship with the United States should not prevent scrutiny of allegations involving public officials.
The lobbying firm further stated that shared interests between Nigeria and the United States should not be interpreted as support for allegations against any individual.
The latest development has renewed attention on the long-running legal dispute and the records being sought in connection with allegations concerning Tinubu.


