The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission says the EFCC is not involved in the ongoing investigation of the Kano Emirate Council over alleged misappropriation of N6 billion.
The chairman of the commission, Muhiyi Magaji, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Tuesday that speculations in the social media over the involvement of EFCC operatives were false and an attempt to distract the probe.
The reports alleged that EFCC operatives jumped fence into Emir Muhammadu Sanusi’s palace and carted away some documents.
Reacting to the development, Mr. Magaji said the rumour was not only baseless, but unfounded and a deliberate attempt to cause confusion in the state.
“Yes, I met with the EFCC Chairman, Mr Ibrahim Magu, last week, but it was on the general activities of the commission as well as its success or achievements.
“We have not handed over this case to EFCC, so how can their operatives storm the Emir’s Palace and locked some offices as being peddled.
“Any contrary information on my meeting with the EFCC chairman is not only baseless but untrue and unfounded, so people should disregard it,” Mr. Magaji said.
On the recent reconciliation meeting convened by some northern state governors to intervene in the Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje and Mr. Sanusi’s feud, the anti-graft boss said the commission had no business with the meeting.