Friday, August 21, 2026
  • About Us
  • Letter to the Editor
  • Data Usage Policy
  • Contact Us
MetroNews NG
  • Metro
  • Lagos
    • Opinion
    • Interview
    • Weird
  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Nollywood
  • Odawood
  • Lifestyle
    • Careers
    • Education
    • Health
  • MetronewsNG TV
No Result
View All Result
MetroNews NG
No Result
View All Result

Navy Nabs 28 Suspected Oil Thieves In Ondo

metronews by metronews
December 16, 2023
in Crime, News
0
Navy

Men of the Anti-Crude Oil Theft patrol team of the Forward Operating Base of the Nigerian Navy, Igbokoda, Ondo State, have arrested 28 suspected oil thieves for allegedly stealing 527,810 litres of crude oil offshore.

The military said the suspects were arrested in the last five days at different locations in the Awoye riverine community of Ilaje Local Government Area of the state.

The Commanding Officer of the FOB, Captain Wasuku Alushi, disclosed this at the naval base in Igbokoda, the headquarters of Ilaje LGA, on Friday.

He said, “We intercepted a wooden boat, popularly known as ‘Cotonou Boat’ laden with approximately 12,000 liters of crude oil, around Illepte offshore at Awoye riverine community in Ilaje.

“Based on credible intelligence, our men of the anti-crude oil theft and illegal oil bunkering team intercepted the large wooden boat and 11 men on the ground transshipping the suspected stolen crude into another boat as the first Cotonou boat was taking in water. Two other speedboats were also arrested alongside the wooden boat.”

The Commanding officer further stated that last week, “a 15000 metric tons vessel, Mt Vinnalaris 1 Lagos, laden with about 515,870 litres of stolen crude oil and 17 suspects were arrested at seven nautical miles, off the coast of Awoye riverine community, while actively siphoning crude oil from a wellhead operated by CONOIL at Ebesan Oil Field,” Alushi added.

According to Alushi, the mandate of the base was to serve as a force multiplier for the Western Naval Command, in furtherance of its policing duties, particularly to stamp out the menace of crude oil theft, illegal bunkering, and other crimes in Igbokoda and its environs.

“The suspects and exhibits would be handed over to the appropriate agency of the government for further action,” he noted.

Tags: Navyoil
Previous Post

Nasarawa, NOMAP Collaborates On Electricity Projects

Next Post

Two Ekiti Men Docked Over Alleged Theft, Assault

Related Posts

News

Atiku Promises to Restore Petrol Subsidy If Elected President in 2027

August 20, 2026
News

Sanwo-Olu Rewards LASU’s Best Graduating Students With N20m Each

August 20, 2026
News

Farotimi: Recent Events Prove Nnamdi Kanu Was Right About Nigeria

August 20, 2026
Next Post
trial of Ooni's ex-wife stampede

Two Ekiti Men Docked Over Alleged Theft, Assault

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • #SmartLagos
  • Accident
  • Aviation
  • Award
  • Banking
  • Basketball
  • Beauty
  • Boxing
  • Brands
  • Breaking
  • Business
  • Careers
  • Community development
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Default
  • Domestic violence
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Empowerment
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Event
  • Fashion
  • Featured
  • Finance
  • Football
  • Gaming
  • Gist
  • Golf
  • Health
  • Inspirational Patience
  • Interview
  • Investigative
  • Law
  • Lifestyle
  • local
  • MetroMan
  • MetroPerson
  • metroplus
  • MetroProfile
  • Movies
  • Music
  • MUSIC
  • New Music
  • News
  • nolly wood
  • Nollywood
  • Novels
  • Odawood
  • Oil&Gas
  • Opinion
  • Parenting
  • Photos
  • Politics
  • Press Release
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Scandal
  • Security
  • Sex
  • Society
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • TV
  • Videos
  • Weird
  • Wheels
  • World

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#COVID19Nigeria 2027 elections Ademola Adeleke APC Atiku Abubakar boko haram Bola Tinubu Buhari Bukola Saraki business CBN court COVID-19 crime davido efcc Entertainment News Featured Federal Government FG Governance INEC Kayode Fayemi Lagos Lagos State Muhammadu Buhari NCDC NDLEA news Nigeria Nigerian Entertainment nigeria news Nigerian politics Nigeria politics NLC Nollywood Obaseki ogun state PDP Peter Obi police politics senate tinubu wike


Recent News

  • Davido Banned From Edo? Okpebholo’s Aide Warns Singer Against Returning
  • Oshiomhole Submits MOWAA Probe Report, Recommends Return to Benin Royal Museum
  • 2027: Peter Obi Promises Issue-Based Campaign, Unveils Plans for Six Geopolitical Zones
  • About Us
  • Letter to the Editor
  • Data Usage Policy
  • Contact Us

© Copyright MetroNews NG 2020. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Metro
  • Lagos
    • Opinion
    • Interview
    • Weird
  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Nollywood
  • Odawood
  • Lifestyle
    • Careers
    • Education
    • Health
  • MetronewsNG TV

© Copyright MetroNews NG 2020. All rights reserved.